Including 2-time, international bestseller, The 30% Solution, and the pending December release of several new books, Manufacturing Civility, Civility at Work, Golden Rule Peace and Civility Lew is a 17-time published author. Lew donates her time as Director of the National Civility Center and co-founder of the Golden Rule Civility Global Initiative, she is also a proud mentor for The Etiquette House, a member of the Advisory Board for A Civil Tongue, was a national magazine columnist for 10 years, and has contributed expert commentary to many online, print, and television publications. Lew is one of only 14 Master Civility Trainers in the world, a distance faculty member at Georgetown University Center for Cultural Competence, a long-term facilitator at the Canadian Management Center in Toronto Canada, Instructor – Social Justice at MITT, a Master trainer for the Canadian School of Service, a certified High Style Impression Management Professional and a Certified Culture Coach® who also holds credentials in Intercultural Communications, Essential Skills, and Occupational Language Assessment. Most recently Lew has completed the Champions of Humanity Master Peace Educator Certificate Program at the Kigali Peace School in Rwanda.
Lew has been recognized at World Civility Day three consecutive years for her contributions in the field of civility with a Community Civility Counts Award, and she was recently nominated for Women of Distinction, Woman of Influence, and the Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the year. She was previously awarded Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur in International Business and she was the first Canadian to receive the prestigious AICI International Civility Star Award. In 2018 Lew was acknowledged for her work as co-founder of Golden Rule Civility Global Initiative and presented with the International Person of the Year Award by iChange Nations. In May 2018 she was presented with a US Congressional Educator Award. She has been recommended for a position in the Canadian Senate and also under consideration as Ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago. In April 2019, the Global Peace Federation awarded Lew the International Peace Ambassador Award. In June 30, 2019, Dr. Bayer was nominated for a 36th Annual Manitoba Business Awards in the Outstanding Large Business Award category. In May 2020, Lew was nominated for a National Woman of Inspiration Award and granted the Country Chapter Head for Canada arm of Research Foundation of India.
In addition to regularly consulting on corporate civility, social impact and impression management, building relationships with media and creating civil communication, Lew was a national columnist for over 10 years, and is Lew is a sought-after expert who frequently writes, interviews and speaks with media all around the world.
Civility Experts Inc. manages The Civility Speakers Bureau offers online certification, www.civilityexpertsonline.com and offers a large array of civility training tools and materials via www.civilitystore.com. It is a combination of the collective experience of the world-wide affiliate team, the leading-edge training solutions and the team’s ability to customize to their client’s need that leads to the sometimes immeasurable benefits that choosing civility brings. These outputs include increased social capital, trust, social intelligence and culturally competent communication – and together these impacts result in efficiency, competency, retention and bottom-line results.
New endeavors include the privilege of being chosen as Director, Global Learning Development for the World Citizen Project.
On a personal note:
My entire career has been focused on speaking about, and fostering values of equity, inclusion, democracy, compassion, and justice. As such, I travel, speak and train at approximately 250 events a year. I believe that I have moral obligation not only to represent myself as honorable and “human-kind” but also to enable others to choose and exhibit those same values. Some specific ways I have been doing this to-date are as follows:
– Participating in the development of workplace standards, Essential Skills solutions, and inclusion training programs and materials ongoing over the past 20 years including projects for Forum for International Trade Training, Diversity & Intercultural Training program with the Province of Manitoba, Workplace Education Manitoba, BioTalent, Manitoba Jobs and the Economy, and Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council. Not only have I been involved in devising solutions, but I have participated at all levels in the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of these solutions.
- Past member of the Citizens Equity Committee, City of Winnipeg
- International Ambassador for World Civility Day
- Volunteer Director for National Civility Center- addressing US and Canada
- Co-founder of Golden Rule Civility Global Initiative
- Educator, e.g., Faculty at Canadian Management Center, Manitoba Institute for Trade and Technology, and distance faculty at Georgetown Center for Cultural Competence.
Most significantly, as a soon to be 16-time published author and seasoned speaker who is internationally recognized as a leading expert on civility, I believe I have the skills and language to influence others, including potentially my peers in leadership positions, to choose civility- to engage in civil discourse, to start and maintain a timely and important conversation about what civility looks like – now and in the future. I believe most of us want better and can do better. I believe that leadership wants to be and do better, and I want to be a part of that conversation.
- 2010 recipient of the Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award for International Business.
- Nominated for the RBC Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013.
- May 2010 AICI International Civility Star Award.
- World Civility Day – Ambassador Award 2017
- Community Civility Counts Award, World Civility Day 2017
- Honorable mention for the first annual Civvy Award 2017
- President Girma Wolde Giorgis Environmental Presidential Award for Global Change-makers 2017
- ICN Women of Global Civility Award 2017
- Honorary Doctorate from Latin University of Theology (Ethics and Social Justice) 2017
- The Community Civility Counts Person of the Year Award- for contributions to civility in the community education and supports – official award date April 12, 2018
- iChange Nations™ Woman of the Year A 2018
- iChange Nations™ Women of Golden Rule Dialogue’s “Women of Global Solutions” Award
- Nominee Illinois Congressional Educator’s Award- particularly notable that a Canadian is being recognized for a US award.
- April 2, 2019 International Peace Federation- Peace Ambassador Award- Winner
- October 2019 – GO GLOBAL The Board of the International Trade Council is pleased to announce that Civility Experts Inc. has been short-listed for an award
- September 2019 – MB Chambers of Commerce has selected Civility Experts Inc as a finalist in their Manitoba Business Awards Outstanding Large Biz category
- October 7, 2019, The Board of Directors of Global Knowledge Exchange
- Foundation has selected Civility Experts Inc as winner of Excellence in Global Civility
- Education & Training Award 2019- Organization Category
- May 2020, nominated for National Women of Inspiration Award.
- August 2018, Master Certified Champions of Humanity Peace Educator, Achieved from Kigali Peace School Rwanda – also elected as Champions of Humanity Global Delegate effective September 2018.
- Graduate of McGill University- Organizational Psychology 1991
- Member of the training team at Manitoba Tourism Education Council since 2008 Certified Culture Coach® 2008
- Distance Faculty at The Center for Cultural Competence at Georgetown University since 2009 Faculty at Canadian Management Center in Toronto since 1999 – and presently.
- Master Certified Civility Trainer MCCT® through ICTC) 2001 Completed Level 1 Canadian Language Benchmarks Training 2010 Facilitator for Train Canada Corporation 2011 – 2013
- Certified Cultural Competence Trainer with Government of Manitoba Immigration Services Division 2011 Project Manager/Essential Skills Practitioner with Workplace Education Manitoba – Certificate 2017 Honorary Doctorate Ethics and Social Justice – Latin University of Theology, California – 2017
- Instructor, Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology – Ethics and Social Justice
17-time published author.
- Power Suit, Power Lunch, Power Failure
- P’s and Q’s for Profit
- Pass the Promotion Please
- Beware the Tablemonsters
- What Would Wendy Do?
- Put Your Best Foot Forward
- Courtesy Becomes Me
- Power of Civility
- Social IQ: Bringing Civility Back to the Workplace
- Lightning Growth – co-author
- Imagine – co-author
- The 30% Solution: How Civility Increases Engagement, Retention, and
- Profitability (2x International Bestseller)
- The Power of One, April 2018
- Release planned for March 8, contributing author, Social Competence for Manufacturing Supervisors, Propriety Publishing
PENDING 3 books: Civility at Work, Business Experts Press; Manufacturing Civility, Masotti & Bayer, Social Motion Press; Human-kind, Bayer & Moore, Propriety Publishing.
National columnist for Canadian Living Magazine from 2000-2009 National online columnist for Canoe.ca from 2001-2008
Board member- National Civility Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA 2014- present Founder- Macaroni and Please- International Civility in Schools Initiative Mentor- The Etiquette House – Chicago, IL, USA
President of the Center for Organizational Cultural Competence Chair of the Every Girl Can Canada® Initiative
Publisher of Civility at Work™ Magazine
Founder and Executive Director – International Civility Trainers’ Consortium Credentials